A Deposit of $500.00 is required on bookings less than $3000.00 and a deposit of $1000.00 on hires over $3000.00 to confirm your booking. The balance of the total hire charge must be paid by or on the day of your departure.Special conditions – The balance is paid on the day of the hire except hires during school holidays. Christmas school holiday balance is required before 1st December. Other school holidays, the balance is required 2 weeks before the start of the holidays. If a cancellation is made on any paid in full hire, the balance less $300.00 cancellation fee, will be refunded if and when another hire is rebooked for the same original value and is also paid in full.
Christmas School holiday balances due before 1st December. Any hire including a long weekend will be priced as a 3 or 4 night
“long weekend” plus extra nights listed in the weeknights table.
- June long weekend hire balances due 7 days before.
- Deposit Policy:
- Deposits paid on hires 6 weeks or more in advance are fully refundable within 7 days of booking. A admin fee of $25 applies if cancelled.
- Deposits are transferable to alternate dates if 6 weeks notice is given before the date of the original hire.
- 3 transfers allowed within 2 years before loss of deposit.
- Transfers with given notice of between 2 and 6 weeks incur a $100.00 fee.
- Transfers not allowed with less than 2 weeks notice.
- Cancellations are allowed with more than 4 weeks notice. A cancellation fee of $300.00 applies.
- Cancellations of less than 4 weeks incur up to 100% cancellation fee. The fee will be reduced by the amount
received if the hire or part of the hire is rebooked. Minimum $300.00 cancellation fee
- At our discretion we may allow a transfer outside these guidelines under certain circumstances.
- Security Bond:
- *Whilst on hire, in general, we require a security bond of $1000.00 for the duration of your holiday.
You may choose this to be done with a credit card authorization or you can pay a cash bond.
All bonds include $150 for cleaning if the boat is not returned with basic housekeeping done.
If you choose to do a cash bond, this will be deposited in our bank account (for your and our security).
It will be returned less any fees applicable to a bank account of your choice, generally within 7 days. No Cash will be returned.
Your hire fee includes insurance for damage or loss for amounts above the insurance excess.
*Age- see below *All male or all female groups- see below
Cash or Credit Cards accepted: Visa, Debit card, Mastercard and Eftpos.
Direct deposit can be arranged 3 days before your hire.
Cheques will be accepted 14 days before your hire.
All boats are fully insured under a marine policy. In the case of an accident or loss where you are at fault, you are responsible to cover up to the insurance excess and also to pay for any loss of business (where a deposit has already been taken)
as a result of that damage.
- Hire Times:
All Hires are counted on nights not days. Hires commences with boarding at 1pm first day and terminates 1pm on the last day.
We will do our best to get you underway as soon as possible depending on the circumstances of the day. Hires can be any
number of nights up to 14 nights. One night hires are charged the same as 2 nights.
- You must arrive at the marina at least 3 and a half hours before the official sunset time. This is due to insufficient light to pack you houseboat, receive the briefing and navigate the river and reach the first available anchorage. If you arrive later than this time you can stay on your houseboat at the marina and leave the next morning. Extended times may be available at no extra cost if the houseboat is not booked for the same day. A time can be organised 24 hrs before the hire.
- The Letting:
The letting is made on the understanding that the boat is placed at the disposal of the hirer on the date booked unless the management is prevented from doing so by mechanical breakdown or unforeseen circumstances. In this case all monies paid will be refunded in full. However, the hirer shall have no claim on any account against the management.
If the problem can be rectified within 24 hrs you will stay on the houseboat at the jetty, if this is not feasible, the management will arrange and pay for alternative accommodation and the hirers will start their hire the following day.
The cost of the hire will also be reduced by one day.
- Motoring Charge:
A fee of $25 per motoring hour applies to cover the cost of fuel, gas, servicing and replacing motors. (most average 2-3 hrs a day motoring). We could incorporate this into the cost of the hire but this is a fairer, user pays system.
- Age and gender: (updated 09/02/18)
Mixed male and female groups.
At least 1 person per group must be over the age of 25. This can be wavered at the management’s discretion but an additional $2000 bond may be required.Return hirers whom we accept again will have a $1000.00 bond.These tougher conditions are a result of recent experiences and unfortunately the minority of badly behaved groups spoil it for everyone.
- Unless you are couples, or Father and son, Mother and daughter etc…. All male or all female groups are not accepted unless you are all over 40 years old.
If you arrive and you are an all male or all female group under 40’s, without our written (emailed) permission, you will not be allowed to take the hire and you will lose any moneys paid.
- If everyone on board is under 40 then the bond is $3000.00. (Except for Families with under 12 year olds, bond is $1000.00)
Sorry no pets allowed. The lakes are protected by the National Park’s laws.
- No firearms allowed on board.
You have full access to the Myall Lakes (over 3 times the size of Sydney Harbour).
No access south of Tamboy. ( river that joins the lakes and Tea Gardens )
No Access to wharves or jetties.